Important Information for hiring cars in the UK or overseas.
As from the 10th July the dirver check code is valid for 21 days not 72 hours.
From June 8 2015, the paper counterpart of the UK driver's licence, which accompanies the plastic photocard and holds details of any driving offences, will be abolished and replaced with a digital service.
Here is our step by step guide:
- Go to www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence
- Enter your driver number, National Insurance Number and postcode shown on your current driving license.
- Tick when you have read the privacy notice and click the 'view now' button at the bottom of the page
- You will now be able to view your licence information. To share your licence information with another person, select the 'share your licence information tab'
- Now click the 'create code button'
- You will now be shown a check code which is case sensitive. Pass this code onto whoever needs to view your licence - you will also need to provide them with the last 8 characters of your driving licence number.
The check code is now for 21 dyas but can only be used once. you can download a summary of your licence by selecting 'view, print or save your licence information.'
For further information please visit www.gov.uk/dvla/nomorecounterpart